Pages Pond

Pages Pond
Pages Pond Waterfall circa 1976

Friday, October 2, 2015

October 1, 2015

October 1, 2015 was a good day to be on the Farmington River, as the day was cloudy, overcast and cool. The rain from the previous day had brought the river up a bit and I was hopeful that it stimulated the trout. I decided to throw streamers and at my first stop hooked and lost a large brown that leaped out of the water and threw the hook. As I moved a bit farther down to the next run I landed one nice hold over brown and had a very large brown break me off.
I moved upriver to another location and managed to bring several nice browns to the net, some sporting their fall colors already. A few of the browns really slammed the streamers.
Moved to another location and did manage a couple of more strikes, bringing another nicely colored brown to the net.
Fall is here and I hope we continue to get some more much needed rain to keep the flows up.
As I said, it was a good day to be on the river!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment