Pages Pond

Pages Pond
Pages Pond Waterfall circa 1976

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wild Ones & Personal Best-Twice

I decided to seek out some wild browns today, fishing late morning and early afternoon. I thought that the recent rains, the cloudy, overcast day would be to my benefit. Man was I surprised.
Late morning I am walking along the bank I observe a rise under a tree. I roll cast my Soft Hackle PT above the rise, let it swing down and on the first twitch the water boiled and I was into a gorgeous wild brown, which totally exceeded my expectations, as this one was the largest wild brown I have caught in this stream. Measured out at ten inches. I continued fishing upstream and found a few more assorted wild browns willing to play.
After lunch I fished another section, a long. deep pool and spotted a rise at the end of said pool. Fishing the same SHPT, drifted over the fish and was into my second personal best wild brown in this stream. Continued fishing this pool and landed two more smaller cousins to the larger brown.
The last fish of the day was in another section, photos below, where one the prettiest of the day fell for the SHPT. And as I always try to do ended the day on a positive note. Enjoy the photos below. These are some of the most beautiful wild browns in the state. The first and third are my two best wild browns.
My first personal best of the day


Second personal best of the day





8 comments:

  1. Trouti
    Unbelievable colors on those browns; the red dots are so pronounced. How I wish we had streams like that here to fish for wild browns. Which puts up more of a fight the wild brown or the wild rainbow? Congrats on landing some quality wild browns. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill
      Thank you
      I have not caught a wild rainbow so I don't know, but these wild browns put up a pretty darn good fight, especially the larger ones. They are beauties though and real special.

      Delete
  2. What gorgeous fish! You must have caught some big wilds in the Farmington before though? I have caught more wild trout than stocked trout there in the past couple years, and some have been pretty big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rowan
      Thanks
      I have caught a few wild browns in the Farmington River, yes, but in this particular stream these are real treasures and I was fortunate enough today to bring quite a few to hand.

      Delete
  3. Thumbs up buddy.
    Quality fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brk Trt
      Thank you
      I thought you might enjoy these beauties!

      Delete
  4. Great browns Pete! I'll be in touch soon about having you and some of the New Year's Day crew if they can make it, down to fish my home water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AT
    Thanks
    Good to hear from you! I am in just let me know!!
    Glad you like the pics!!! Love to fish your home water my friend!

    ReplyDelete