Pages Pond

Pages Pond
Pages Pond Waterfall circa 1976

Friday, May 12, 2017

Getting Back on the Stream

I have been slowly getting back into the swing of things after an extended time away from the streams. Today I visited a Class 3 WTMA, that holds both stocked and wild trout. I had scouted out this particular stretch of river yesterday and had spotted several trout sipping something very small.
I was unable to see exactly what it was they were on, trying in vain using some assorted soft hackles and spiders.
Returning today, the fish were all rising in the same stretch and I began using a sz 18 PTSH, and initially landed a pretty solid rainbow that took on the retrieve.
Moving downstream a bit, located a few more sippers, and missed one on the drift. Must be a bit rusty. That will change as I get back into the swing of things!!
After sometime, changed over to a sz 18 black soft hackle, moved back to my initial spot and saw a rise directly up and across from where I stood. I made one cast above the rise, twitched the fly once and was rewarded by a hard, solid take and this fish ran downstream and under some brush. This guy gave me a good battle and soon a gorgeous 10 inch wild brown was in my hand. It was a pleasant suprise and a great ending to a short but successful outing.
Healthy looking wild brown.

Today's wild brown. A solid one!

Some of my soft hackles.

15 comments:

  1. Glad you are finding your peace by the river Pete....Theresa,RN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theresa
      Thank you!
      I hope you get your fish tonight! And yes I am finding peace along the river!1

      Delete
  2. Pete, each day a bit stronger and a bit happier.
    Nice browns....I have a few spiders-soft hackles to help fill up you box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brk Trt
      Thanks Alan!
      And I will be glad to have your spiders-soft hackles in my fly box any time! The brown was a scrapper too!!

      Delete
  3. Seems like the trout are giving you a good "welcome back"! One of these day's I'll make my way down to your neck of the woods, there is a certain river I'd like to knock off my list of 'haven't been' places. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rowan
    Thank you!! Yes it has been a good "welcome back" lately. And if you make your way down here I'll be glad to give you a tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the best & affordable Microsoft www.office.com/setup support for your business with best package. Reach out us & enjoy our fastest & satisfactory services.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, submit, very informative.I wonder why opponents in this sector are not aware of this.
    You need to keep writing. I'm sure you did it already an excellent reader base!
    serum vst crack
    advanced installer crack
    microsoft office 365 crack
    window 11 pro crack
    keyshot crack

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will need to sign into your Amazon Prime Account during the activation phase. It is essential to have an Amazon Prime Account created. This account is only activated by a free login.
    primevideo.com/mytv
    primevideo/mytv
    primevideo/mytv enter code
    amazon.ca/redeem
    primevideo/mytv

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazon Prime Video allows clients to download their top shows and videos to view later. This option is great for clients who want to enjoy Amazon Prime Video in disconnected mode. If you have registered your devices using amazon.com/mytv, you will be able to view the downloaded videos immediately on your device. Follow the below steps to download your top-rated videos from Amazon Prime Video.
    www.primevideo/mytv
    primevideo/mytv
    primevideo/mytv
    primevideo/mytv
    primevideo/mytv

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use this software myself, and no flaws or faults have been discovered, thus I believe it is the greatest option.
    Multiple language skills and support have been really beneficial to me.
    roland zenbeats crack
    ashampoo photo converter crack
    riffstation crack

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very useful software for you and me. No errors were found during the check.
    You can use it. I hope you like it.
    hotspot shield crack
    easeus data recovery wizard crack
    drivermax pro crack

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved it as you can find through this site.
    Windows Download

    ReplyDelete